livna-testing, and nvidia for kernel 2.6.12

Paul F. Johnson paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Mon Jul 18 17:42:45 UTC 2005

Hi,

> I know I can download the driver from NVidia, file
> NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-7667-pkg1.run and just run it to install the
> correct driver, but am curious why in this instance livna-testing does
> not have the latest driver, if it is just matter or time, or if FC3 is
> now too old, so won't be getting updates that fast, etc.

The package (for some reason) hasn't been updated on livna. I wouldn't
worry, I'm using the current rawhide kernels and compiling my own nvidia
module using the livna src rpm and it works fine.

TTFN

Paul
--
"Some people will do anything for a woman in uniform" - The Doctor -
Unregenerate (Big Finish audio)