making magnetic opticals ejectable under Nautilus

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.msbb.uc.edu
Mon Jul 18 18:48:10 UTC 2005

    I have been able to mount my XFS format magnetic optical
disks under Fedora Core 4 with the following fstab line...

/dev/maxoptix8               /media/optical            xfs     noauto,rw,user  0 0

and the following udev script...

BUS=="scsi", SYSFS{vendor}=="Maxoptix", NAME{all_partitions}="maxoptix"

While the disk mounts automatically when I double click the optical drive
in the Computer Folder on the deskop, when I click on the mounted optical
drive I only have a Unmount Volume menu item instead of an Eject menu item.
I noticed that for the cdrom which can eject I have...

/dev/hdc                /media/cdrom            auto    pamconsole,exec,noauto,managed 0 0

What exactly do I need to change so that Nautilus will allow me to eject the
mounted optical from the dropdown menu?
             Jack