usermount doesn't show manually added devices

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.msbb.uc.edu
Mon Jul 18 19:02:40 UTC 2005

     I have been able to mount a magnetic optical drive
with an fstab entry of...

/dev/maxoptix8          /media/optical          xfs     noauto,rw,user  0 0

and a udev script of...

BUS=="scsi", SYSFS{vendor}=="Maxoptix", NAME{all_partitions}="maxoptix"

This allows me to click on the optical drive in the Computer folder
to mount it. However I don't see an entry in usermount for the same
device. Is this a bug in usermount? I would have thought that
since both the directory /media/optical and the device /dev/maxoptix8
exists that this should be sufficient to cause a line for this device
to appear in the usermount window alongside the cdrecorder, cdrom and
floppy.
                 Jack