Mystirious SMP Kernel issue.

Chris Ong chris at md.com.my
Tue Jul 19 04:58:33 UTC 2005

Hi all,
	I am having a Dell Optiplex GX270, P43.0Ghz HT running FC4, 1GB RAM.

	I've recompile my kernel to "lighten" it. The kernel source is
installed from kernel-2.6.12-1.1398_FC4.src.rpm via Fedora official site.

	The problem here is, even i have enabled SMP and SMT support, cat
/proc/cpuinfo only shows 1 CPU instead of 2. But  the shipped
2.6.12-1.1398_FC4 will shows 2.

Snap shots of the CPU Feature selection

Subarchitecture Type (PC-compatible)  --->
Processor family (Pentium-4/Celeron(P4-based)/Pentium-4 M/Xeon)
	[*] Generic x86 support
	[*] HPET Timer Support
	[ ]   Provide RTC interrupt
	[*] Symmetric multi-processing support
	(4)   Maximum number of CPUs (2-255)
	[*]   SMT (Hyperthreading) scheduler support
	[*] Preemptible Kernel
	[*]   Preempt The Big Kernel Lock

Attached files is the config.gz from /proc/config.gz

	Could anyone suggest ?

--
Regards,
C. K. Ong (Chris)

My Directory Sdn. Bhd.
Your Open Source Partner.
http://www.md.com.my http://www.net.my
2005

After watching Gentoo in Antartica, I've decide to reutnr home with
RedHat on my head.