Re: FC4-Where is the last Firefox?

Bob Chiodini wrote:
On Sun, 2005-07-17 at 18:45 -0700, Hoffmann wrote:

Hi All:

I realized that the last version of Firefox (version
1.0.5) was relized. Hoever, I see no Firefox updating
in yum. Does anyone now if such a update is going to
be available in yum soon?
The reason of my question is that I wouldn't like to
install the new Firefox with comand line and,
probability have no Firefox icon on my screen.
Thanks!
Hoffmann
ps: A new Thunderbird version is also available, and I
didn't see it in yum.

It looks like it's currently in updates-testing for both FC3 and FC4:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2005-July/msg00246.html

or

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2005-July/msg00247.html

Easy install:

# yum --enablerepo=updates-testing update firefox thunderbird

(this updates thunderbird too of course)

Remember that these are test releases and *may* have issues.

Paul.