I am beginning to hate grub.

john brennan-sardou johnbs at tele2.fr
Tue Jul 19 14:19:49 UTC 2005

Hello everybody,
                        Since fc1 the only real problems which I have
had on my desktop computer at home is with grub. Perhaps I hate it
because I   just don't understand it. Example I installed version four
on the second home computer and had no problems at all. In fact I am
really happy with it. So I decided to put it on the main computer which
has about the same config but more ram : well, it did not get past grub
stage 2 (in fact I overtopped a beautiful fc3 version.) I tried to find
the answer on the archives  but to no avail, so I decided to put fc3
back on the box and grub worked like a charm. Just what went wrong? Why
ok. on three and deadlegged on four? I am dual booting with windows, and
grub in the boot sector of the first disk hda1 so two disks. Windows on
the first ide disk 120 giga et fedora on the second 40 giga. Does anyone
have any simple answers to this question please.
                                                   yours sincerely John
Brennan-Sardou.