I am beginning to hate grub.

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Tue Jul 19 21:27:59 UTC 2005

john brennan-sardou wrote:

> Just what went wrong? Why
> ok. on three and deadlegged on four? I am dual booting with windows, and
> grub in the boot sector of the first disk hda1 so two disks. Windows on
> the first ide disk 120 giga et fedora on the second 40 giga. Does anyone
> have any simple answers to this question please.

I don't understand your setup.
What are your two disks?

In any case, it is simpler to install grub on the MBR on /dev/hda

        grub-install --recheck /dev/hda

Make sure /etc/grub.conf and /etc/fstab are correct first.
If you continue to have problems try replacing labels in grub.conf and fstab
by actual devices eg /dev/hda3 .

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366