Suggestion for Network Auth. + Networked /home directory

Hello,
I have about 3 computers in my home network running FC 3 / 4 and RHEL (maybe
more in the future). I am planning to have somekind of a central
authentication in a server, so that I don't have to manage users in all of
the computer separately (mainly would be for family members). I also want
the /home directory for each users NFS mounted from this server. I plan to
also have a public share directory from this server which is mounted in each
computer (ie. for storing pictures, music, etc).

What is the easiest / fastest way to do this ? I have no experience in setting
up something like this, although I am comfortable with linux in general. I've
looked at LDAP but I think that would be overkill. Is there anything built-in
the FC that will work out of the box ? The RHEL 4 machine is going to be the
server for authentication and NFS. Any help or pointer to any good docs would
be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Reuben Budiardja