gftp-text

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 20 19:27:34 UTC 2005

David Cary Hart wrote:
> In another thread, someone mentioned that gftp won't work from the
> console. They are correct. Gftp comes with a text port in the source.
> Apparently, that has been disabled. I suppose that I could re-package
> the RPM with the text port but does anyone know why this was eliminated?

Reading the spec file:

[snip]
# Disable to save space
rm -f $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_bindir}/gftp-text
install -m 755 %{SOURCE1} $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_bindir}/gftp-text
[snip]
* Thu Apr 15 2004 Warren Togami <wtogami at redhat.com> 2.0.17-2
- disable gftp-text
[snip]

IIRC there was some discussion on the lists at the time.  Check around:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2004-April/msg00594.html

If there is a compelling reason to bring it back, I would file an RFE.

--
William Hooper