Re: Newbie problem - Ethernet card configuration

Thanks Amal,

Yes, cable modem is getting IP address via DHCP - that i confirmed from ISP. but how to check @ "dhclient daemon" ?

regards

Manisha

Amal Phadke <phadke hydrodyn org> wrote:
On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 02:47:45PM -0700, Manisha Sathe wrote:

> I am trying to set up the cable modem. I am on FC4-GNOME. I hv done
> exactly as said in the following site
>

> [1]http://www.reallylinux.com/docs/dslandlinux.shtml
>

> I am already getting Ethernet device for eth0.
>

> But at the end when i try to activate the eth0 - it says "Failed" -
> for "Determining IP address for eth0...".
>

> i tried different ways like choosing different option / clicking on
> another tabs for each screen such as DNS / Hardware Devices / Hosts
> etc...but in vain. Pls guide me as now i am stuck and need
> internet badly on my Linux.
>

> regards
>
> Manisha

Does ! your cable modem get IP address via DHCP? If so, do you have
dhclient daemon running? That may be the problem.

Amal