OpenLDAP vs Fedora DS

Could anyone provide guidance regarding which software I should use? My primary issue is that my machine doesn't have a whole lot of memory or housepower; I installed RH DS once and it seemed like it requires alot in terms of hardware. There are going to be only two of us (three once the toddler learns how to hunt and peck) so I can't imagine I'd need alot. OTOH I still haven't figured out how to configure OpenLDAP properly so maybe I would be swayed by ease of use.

Also can anyone recommend any GUI directory mgmt tools?  Thx.

---

Joe Tseng

"I can be Googled. Therefore I am."