rhn applet

Antonio Montagnani anto.montagnani at virgilio.it
Thu Jul 21 07:50:25 UTC 2005

Paul Howarth wrote / ha scritto on /il 21/07/2005 09:14:

>On Thu, 2005-07-21 at 08:58 +0200, Antonio Montagnani wrote:
>

>>On a machine, one user cannot start up2date from the applet, that
>>reports a fully updated system, even if it is not true.
>>For different users on same machine, everything is fine.
>>What shall I look for???
>>

>Perhaps some strangeness in one of the .rhn* files/directories in their
>home directory?
>
>Can they run up2date from the command-line?
>
>Paul.

up2date works both either from Gnome menu or command line...
no idea if any strangeness in *rhn* files.But in .rhn-applet.conf I find
the following lines:
remindTimeStamp[comment]=None
remindTimeStamp=1121931559.55

that I assume not an issue, as they are present also for other users.
Another difference, if I pass over with the mouse for working users I
see the number (if any) of packages to be updated, for the not working
user I see the description of Icon...what does it mean???

Any idea??

--
Antonio Montagnani
Mob.+393386586046

Mail by Thunderbird 1.0.2 Websurfing by Firefox 1.0.4
Linux Fedora Core 3 on Maxdata Eco 3200
Linux user number 362582