Bittorrent in Firefox on FC4not linking to torrent files

Igor Guarisma iguarism at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 21 14:53:36 UTC 2005

There are some GUIs here and there... I suppose you
got the phyton bittorrent, you can download a GUI with
yum too, try yum install bittorrent-gui, you should
get a bittorent icon on your Internet menu, there's
also a gnome gui for the client and there is always
the great Azureus

http://azureus.sourceforge.net/

You will need one of the GUIs or Azureus if you want
Firefox to launch bittorrent when you click a .torrent
file.

 --- Dave Gutteridge <dave at tokyocomedy.com> escribió:

>     Recently I downloaded Bittorrent. I understand
> that, unlike most
> programs, it doesn't have it's own interface, but
> instead is simply
> launched when when one downloads a torrent from the
> web browser.
>     But when I click on a torrent link, nothing
> happens. I went to
> browse for the application, but I can't find
> bittorrent. I checked with
> yumex, and the bittorrent application is installed.
>     Where do I go within Firefox to get it to
> connect torrent files to
> the Bittorrent application?
>
> Dave
>
> --