yum auto update

Hi there,

I have two major issues (system won't boot) after the nightly yum
auto update, caused by the "new" selinux and kernel.
I am not blaming the team for bad QA, but I just want to know
from the list that
is it still a good idea to enable the nightly auto update? or is
it better to do it manually?
Another solution would be to have a hybrid of the two. The reason
I wanted auto update is so I won't miss a critical security fix.
This definitely needs to be installed in a timely manner. But
for other non security related updates, we can wait to do it manually,
with a scheduled window. In order for this "hybrid" to work,
all updates need to be tagged with "security" or "non-security" related.
or maybe tagged with "emergency" or "normal". Then the nightly
yum update can have a flag to do "all" updates, or just "emergency/security"
updates.

Thoughts?

Frank