iriver player on FC4

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Thu Jul 21 16:02:36 UTC 2005

Casper wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  I have iriver mplayer ifp-899 and I`m trying to install some programms
> to exchange with mp3 data... :) Previous on fc3 I managed it to do ok...
> I used for start libiriver http://michele.pupazzo.org/libiriver/ and
> configure error shows:
> checking for libusb-config... /usr/bin/libusb-config
> configure: error: Your libusb is too old : 0.1.10a , You need at least
> 0.1.7
>
> Have anybody working iriver player even in comand line, or maybe some
> gnome gui...?
>
> tnx,
> Casper
>
> P.S. I had some other programs too what req. old
> compat-libstdc++-8-3.3.4.2 and don`t want to work with new libs what is
> in fc4... so with force I installed old, but don`t think I can mess so
> with usb drivers...

Go to the iRiver site, not the US one and get the UMS update.  This
allows the drive to work as a USB Mass storage device.  No need to use
any tools other than Nautilus to move and transfer files.  Mount as a
   normal stick.  Also allows iRiver to mount on any computer without
installing any special software.  Copy your the files before doing the
upgrade.

I use it on my 799's.

http://www.iriver.com/html/support/download/sudw_list.asp?searchProductIdx=34
--