mail-notification: need alert popup or icon

Saurabh Siddharth sid at winoble.com
Fri Jul 22 05:27:24 UTC 2005

Hi,
I am using fedora 4. I need an application that can alert me whenever i
get a mail(pop3). I tried usinf mail notification. But it doesnt seem to
work. I need something like a pop-up whenever i get a new mail or maybe
an icon in the taskbar(like thunderbird has in windows) or maybe some
animation in the taskbar like there used to be in fedora 3( a jumping
penguin etc)
I see that i can configure mail-notification to run a command whenever a
new mail arrives. but i dont know what command to give here so that i
can get the desired alert.
thanks
sid