Re: mail-notification: need alert popup or icon

Saurabh Siddharth wrote:
>> Saurabh Siddharth wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> > I am using fedora 4. I need an application that can alert me whenever
>> > i get a mail(pop3). I tried usinf mail notification. But it doesnt
>> > seem to work. I need something like a pop-up whenever i get a new mail
>> > or maybe an icon in the taskbar(like thunderbird has in windows) or
>> > maybe some animation in the taskbar like there used to be in fedora 3(
>> > a jumping penguin etc)
>> > I see that i can configure mail-notification to run a command whenever
>> > a new mail arrives. but i dont know what command to give here so that
>> > i can get the desired alert.
>> > thanks
>> > sid
>> >
>> If you're using KDE as your desktop environment then:
>> http://kde-apps.org/index.php?xcontentmode=231
>>

> I use gnome...is there an equivalent command for gnome??

gkrellm might be an option. It supports checking all kind of mailboxes.
Doesn't matter if you're using kde/gnome/whatever

Hth

Alex

Thanx Alex...that works..
it would be better if i could have something in my panel..i have selected the stay on top option...so it stays above other windows i cannot have it in the panel..there used to be some kind of notifier in fedora3 that stayed in the panel..i really liked that..anyway..this solves my problem..