Evolution Data Server crashing problem

Michael Wiktowy mwiktowy at gmx.net
Fri Jul 22 15:59:28 UTC 2005

> Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 07:59:13 -0400 From: Bob Chiodini
> <rchiodin at bellsouth.net> To: For users of Fedora Core releases
> <fedora-list at redhat.com> Message-ID:
> <1122033553.6021.13.camel at tweedy.ksc.nasa.gov> On Thu, 2005-07-21 at
> 17:01 -0400, Michael Wiktowy wrote:
>
>>> Could someone please give me some pointers as to where the session info
>>> is saved for a particular user and what mechanism is responsible to
>>> respawning e-d-s when it dies?
>>> I suspect that this problem would persist through an uninstall/reinstall
>>> of evo + e-d-s .
>>> Moving to a whole new login and fresh environment would likely work but
>>> I suspect there is an easier way to clear this up.
>>
>Mike,
>
>I cannot provide much info, other than me too.  I see the data server
>crashing occasionally too.  I've seen it happen more often when
>accessing the calendar.
>
>I am using connector and attributed to back-end problems connecting to
>our Exchange Server.  I rarely see it at home connecting to my IMAP
>server.
>
>Bob...

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the feedback. At least I am not totally alone.

My set up is quite different though. I am only accessing my email via
POP3 and it crashes before I even start Evo up (in fact, before any of
my Gnome panels come up).
I have checked the obvious source for session applications
(~/.gnome2/session) but that makes no mention of e-d-s at all.
You did give me an idea though ... it might not be email related at all
but rather the other groupware parts (like you are experiencing with
your Exchange connection). I have it accessing a remote calendar that
changed server names recently. I am not sure that I updated that.
Pointing to a bogus calendar might cause some grief. I will look at that
when I get home.

/Mike