Re: Security setting to prevent passive ftp?

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005, Alexander Dalloz wrote:

Am Sa, den 23.07.2005 schrieb Jonathan August um 15:38:

For my users that use passive ftp, when they connect to ncftpd on my
server, the connection takes a long time and eventually for them as
dialup users, it times out.  If I try to ftp to the machine behind my
firewall and specify to use passive, as soon as I try anything that
sends data (ls, put, get), the connection gets dropped.  I turned off
SELinux, but this didn't help.  Any ideas?

-Jon

modprobe ip_conntrack_ftp

And to make it permanent, add to /etc/sysconfig/iptables-config.

Alexander

-- Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu