ati-fglrx-8.14.13.1-0.lvn.5.4

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sat Jul 23 15:24:49 UTC 2005

Hi!

Am Montag, den 18.07.2005, 11:49 -0400 schrieb Jack Howarth:
>      Does anyone understand how the livna fglrx rpms are supposed to
> handle the symlink for /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1?

Yes. The maintainer of those packages (me) ;)

The short answer: /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1 is not touched, removed or
anything. The libGL.so.1 from ati instead is placed
in /usr/lib/ati-fglrx/. Then the ldconfig-path is modified
(see /etc/ld.so.conf.d/ati-fglrx.conf) so when a program searches for
libGL.so.1 it will look into /usr/lib/ati-fglrx/
before /usr/X11R6/lib/.

>  Everytime I upgrade
> the kernel-module-fglrx package with yum, I find this symlink is set
> to libGL.so.1.2.backup.

That might be a bug. The package should not touch anything there.