Issues with changing monitor

Richard E Miles r.godzilla at comcast.net
Sun Jul 24 01:29:02 UTC 2005

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 18:14:46 -0700
Venkat V <venkavis at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I hadnt used fedora core 2 since a long time and the last time I used
> was with a monitor resolution of 1400 X 1280 using a nVIDIA GEFORCE
> FX5500 card. My monitor burnt and now I connected the system to a new
> dell monitor which supports only 1280 X 1024. What happens now is the
> system boots and the when loading xwidows the monitor displays "Unable
> to display the resolution"
>
> What can I do? Hoz cqn I chqnge the resolution? I have a rescue CD but
> I could not get that to change the resolution.
>
> Any help is highly appreciated.
>
> --
> Venkat V

When you boot the machine alter the starup menu line by pressing a. Then
append 3. This will let you start at run level 3. Then log in and issue
system-config-display --reconfig. Set up your display for your new monitor
and set the display resolution for 1280x1024. After you set up your
display configuration type startx& to start X windows.

--
Richard Miles
Federal Way WA. USA