firewall ports not working

Eric Wagar eric at deadhookers.org
Sun Jul 24 05:30:48 UTC 2005

>Looks like it should allow traffic on port 25. If you switch down
>iptables by running "service iptables stop" you are able to connect to
>Postfix by using telnet to port 25 from another host? With iptables on
>you can only reach port 25 on localhost?

Well, I can connect to 25 from a system on the same subnet as the server
using postfix.  But, once I am outside that subnet, I can't reach 25,
nor do I get any type of denial message in the /var/log/maillog.

And, from what I read in the main.cf, it looks as though postfix is
quite open by default.

regards
eric