iiimf server installed, but not seen

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Sun Jul 24 10:08:09 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-07-24 at 13:23 +0900, Dave Gutteridge wrote:
> Recently I reinstalled FC 4 and made sure to isntall the iiimf server
> and Japanese language support.
> I went to my top menu bar, and selected to have the language imput icon
> made available. It's there now, but it has no other options than "En"
> for English. I selected to "Add or Remove" languages, but none were
> available.
>
> So I went back to Desktop | Preferences | Add/Remove Applications, and
> saw that for some reason the language support was not selected. I
> selected to install it, but then it gives me an error saying that the
> iiimf-server is not installed, along with two other iiimf related
> dependant packages.
>
> At the command line, I checked to see if I had the iiimf-server
> installed, and I do:
>
> [root at localhost ~]# rpm -q iiimf-server
> iiimf-server-12.2-4
>
> I tried a yum update just to make sure I had the latest version.
>
> Why is my system not acknowledging my iiimf server?

Perhaps because it's not running?

Check as follows:
$ /sbin/service iiim status

If it's not running, do (as root):
# chkconfig iiim on
# service iiim start

The first of these configures the server to start when automatically you
boot up the machine, and the second manually starts the server now.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>