IBM Thinkpad 600X, Serial I/O, audio and FC4

Jeffrey Ross jeff at bubble.org
Sun Jul 24 16:26:09 UTC 2005

I am having problems with FC4 using the built in serial port (a USB to
Serial adapter works fine and shows up as /dev/ttyUSB0) which I believe
should be /dev/ttyS0 (I've tried ttyS1 also), when using "cu" the
program responds with "connected" then waits about 15 seconds and
responds back with "Disconnected".  If I use kermit, it responds
"/dev/ttyS0 is not a terminal device"

The second issue I'm having is with the audio, it doesn't work. lspci -v
reports the sound card as:

00:06.0 Multimedia audio controller: Cirrus Logic CS 4614/22/24
[CrystalClear SoundFusion Audio Accelerator] (rev 01)
        Subsystem: IBM: Unknown device 0153
        Flags: bus master, slow devsel, latency 64, IRQ 11
        Memory at 50100000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
        Memory at 50000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1M]

as an FYI both the serial port and the sound worked under FC3.

TIA
Jeff