List spam

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 18:34:38 UTC 2005

On 7/23/05, nodata <fedora at nodata.co.uk> wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-07-23 at 13:23 -0400, Roy wrote:

> > > And before that too. The problem is: he's not subscribed, at least not
> > > at that address (it must be being forwarded to there from somewhere
> > > else, and nobody knows which address that is).
> > >
> > > Paul.
> > > --
> > > Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>
> > >

> > Wonder what would happen if these were consistently forwarded to
> > something like SpamCop or something, and the block ended up in a DNSBL
> > somewhere. Figure someone at uol.com.br might find out where the forward
> > connection is and "remedy" the situation?
> >
> > Roy
> >

> Cunning :)
>
> I've reported the problem to their abuse department, and (bizarrely) to
> cert brazil, as suggested by the "remarks" section of their whois
> record. Let's see if they can help..

I've emailed him, and filled out his silly response-challenge. Within
days of doing that, my spam rate tripled. And I use this account for
mailing lists only. I'm not promising that the events are related, but
it sure does seem that way...

http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/282/john_elton.php
John, Elton Song Lyrics