Catharsis - slowly my FC4 world crumbles around me

Jonathan Pickard Jonathan.Pickard at intelligroup.co.nz
Sun Jul 24 23:42:10 UTC 2005

[snip]

>I checked out CentOS, and it looks interesting.

[snip]

>I'm not upset that I got into Fedora and discovered that it's not what I
>was looking for.  I'm just wondering about the alternatives when it
>comes to Open Source Linux distros. The thing about Centos is that it's
>prominent North American Enterprise Linux vendor", which I assume is Red
>Hat, but if they can't even name them, then how close is this
>assocation? I'm sorry, Centos people, but it seems dodgy.

[snip]

dodgy? If you read a little bit closer before you judge the hard work done by the CentOS guys you will see that they were requrested by redhats' lawyers to remove all reference to red hat and its logos from their product/site or face possible legal action for trademark infringement.

Quite a few people on the fedora-devel and fedora-test list use centOS - it is far from "dodgy"