[OT] How to find work?

How would I find *nix work, presumably Fedora-related?

Some of the people on this list can guage how limited my *nix experience
is, and possibly even what parts of *nix I do seem to grasp.  I'm an old
MacOS programmer, but I hate using MOSX, knew little and know nothing
current about programming it, and note that it is a weird mutant BSD *nix
with little resemblance to Fedora Gnu/Linux.  Anyone curious can look at my
web site; there are some MSWindows things there, but so far nothing for
*nix -- though maybe soon, when I learn how to package things.

What could I find with the experience I have?  Where would I look?

What could I do reasonably quickly to improve my marketability?  What could
I learn?

Where would this question be on-topic? :)