Fedora & Ndiswrapper & Mimo Wireless

Lloyd Hayes lloyd545220-trucker at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 25 00:24:16 UTC 2005

> Is anyone aware of a FAQ or webpage that provides ndiswrapper
> information specific to Fedora?
>
> I'm currently trying to get a mimo-based wireless card to work with
> FC4. It's active, but I haven 't been able to make it connect.
>
> Thanks.

I assembled a lot of information about getting Ndiswrapper to work with
Fedora which is posted on LinuxQuestions.org. You can read them there.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to get Ndiswrapper to work with FC4
yet myself. You have to download your kernels from Linuxant, which are
free, to get the wireless cards to work. I just installed FC4 the other
day on one of my laptops and the kernel on my computer is newer then the
ones on Linuxant. Their kernels won't install until they get a newer
version then what I have on my computer.

I'll replay events. In installed FC4, then yum updated all. I should
have gotten a kernel from Linuxant 1st before updating.

In general over the past couple of days, I have found FC4 to be nothing
more then a testing version of an operating system which is filled with
bugs. I don't believe that it should have released as a user version at
this time. I have corrected a few of the bugs. But I can't be sure that
what I did actually corrected anything. Plus I have a bunch more bugs.
Permissions seem to be a problem. If I can't get things working smoothly
within the week, the computer gets reverted back to FC3.

One bug on FC4 that is driving me up the wall is that when I move the
mouse pointer from the lower right part of the screen in an upper left
direction, web pages, workspaces, or whatever goes back to what I was
doing before. It's like a backup button. I'm sure some IDIOT thought
that this was great idea. I hate this!!!!

Good Luck

--
Lloyd Hayes

Personal Website