FC3 backup bug

Lloyd Hayes lloyd545220-trucker at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 25 00:25:56 UTC 2005

Bug notice on FC3. I noticed the other day that Fedora Core 3 seemed to
have a bug. When backing up data to a Fat32 formated removable hard
drive, not all data gets written recursively. I found some directories
which had been copied from my FC3 systems with several sub directories
had the directories empty on the receiving drive, but not on the
originating drive.

Going onto the respective drives in the respective directories and
copying the necessary files was one answer that worked. But I don't
understand what was happening.

I actually noticed this while trying to restore data to the FC4 system.
In going back onto a computer with FC3 and recreating the directories on
the removable hard drive, I was able to see that not all information was
being written by simply copying the parent directories to the drive.

--
Lloyd Hayes

Personal Website
http://talkingstaff.bravehost.com/index.html