FC3 -> FC4 upgrade issues - xscreensaver and cups-lpd

Ross Boulet ross at rossb.com
Mon Jul 25 00:33:25 UTC 2005

I downloaded the iso images for FC4 and burned CDs.  I then
upgraded my FC3 system with the CDs.  After the upgrade, two
things quit working.

When the screensaver tried to kick in, I would get an error
message on the screen.  Further investigation revealed the
various screen savers were missing.  Once I installed the
xscreensaver packages, I was back in business.  I saw on
bugzilla that the xscreensaver was broken in to three
packages.

Also, my cups-lpd functionality went away.  I had to
manually install cups-lpd to get this working.  I did not
see this on bugzilla so I reported it.

I reviewed the release notes and didn't see anything about
either of these.  Is there anywhere I could have looked to
avoid these issues in the first place.  It also makes me
wonder if there could be something else lurking out there
that I haven't stumbled on yet.

==