What is GTK or xorg-x11-sdk?

Dave Gutteridge dave at tokyocomedy.com
Mon Jul 25 04:18:23 UTC 2005

I am trying to configure and make a driver (wacom) which seems to
require something called "GTK". I looked around the internet for what it
is and if there were RPMs I could download. However, I couldn't
determine exactly what it was. It seems to have something to do with
Xorg, and I thought I saw there was a YUM repository called
xorg-x11-sdk, but I'm a bit confused. Is GTK a development environment
for the Gnome desktop?

The wacom driver builder will not make a wacom.o or wacom.ko file
without GTK, or so it seems.

Dave