What is the "official way" to install clamav?

Michael Schwendt mschwendt.tmp0501.nospam at arcor.de
Mon Jul 25 23:22:24 UTC 2005

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 19:26:08 -0300, Martín Marqués wrote:

> > 2. Did you actually test and see that clamav is
> > installable and usable?  (This question is most
> > crucial)
>
> I my case, I had to do some extra work, and what really bothers me is that I
> have to do it every time I upgrade (put clamd to work with amavisd user, and
> have the /var/run/clamd directory have user amavis). This is what the
> packages docs say, but the don't do it automatically.

I believe on fedora-extras-list it is being worked on an "amavisd-new"
package which works with the clamav packages. See list archives, July
21st.

> All this with dag's clamd.

Well, there is a good reason why the clamav packages in Extras don't
implement a single instance of a daemon running either as superuser or a
single unprivileged user.