What is the "official way" to install clamav?

Martín Marqués martin at bugs.unl.edu.ar
Mon Jul 25 23:34:34 UTC 2005

El Lun 25 Jul 2005 20:15, Michael Schwendt escribió:

> > > This is misinformation.
> >
> > why?
>
> Because it's included in the "clamav-server" package.

This was not there when I first installed my MTA server with amavisd-new and
clamd support. But now I see it.

Any way, the rpm info really discourages one to use it:

 ATTENTION: most users do not need this package; the main package has
 everything (or depends on it) which is needed to scan for virii on
 workstations.

 This package contains files which are needed to execute the clamd-daemon.
 This daemon does not provide a system-wide service. Instead of, an instance
 of this daemon should be started for each service requiring it.

 See the README file how this can be done with a minimum of effort.

--
select 'mmarques' || '@' || 'unl.edu.ar' AS email;
Martín Marqués          |   Programador, DBA