disk partitioning problem (ignore the first e-mail I did not mean to send that one)

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Tue Jul 26 02:17:50 UTC 2005

Jeff Vian wrote:

>On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 20:04 -0500, Mike McCarty wrote:
>

>>Jeff Vian wrote:
>>

>>>On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 18:56 -0500, Mike McCarty wrote:
>>>

>>[snip]

>>>All of us have different hardware. Some hardware is picky and has to be
>>>treated with kid gloves and babied.  Most is very standard and "just
>>>works".
>>>

>>I think the use of the term FsCKED UP DISINFORMATION was extreme.
>>

>I have never used that term,  Read my post again.
>FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt) hardly has the meaning you are
>attributing to it (in most circles at least).  FUD has been around as an
>acronym for a LONG time with the meaning I use -- more than ten years
>IIRC.  I believe it was originally attributed to the way M$ spread doubt
>about Linux many years ago, with the intent of keeping users on a system
>they already knew and were familiar with and discouraging competition.
>(Are you familiar with the anti-trust lawsuit.) It may have been
>bastardized to your meaning, but yours is not the original, and
>certainly not what I said.

What anti-trust suit?  It was only a lawyer parade where the outcome was
pre-determined and was only to give the illusion that something was
being done to break up unfair Monopolies. I fell for it until the later
part of the show. A lot of people became rich and nothing changed for
the better.

Jim

--
Tomorrow's computers some time next month.
		-- DEC