Re: twiki on FC4, anyone?

--On Saturday, July 23, 2005 10:52 AM -0400 "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday mindspring com> wrote:

i'd already found that page, i was just wondering if there was
anything specific to FC (or FC4) that would cause problems.  thanks.

I did a test install back around October-November 2004 on FC2, right around the time a nasty security bug was discovered and a lot of TWiki's got defaced. I took mine offline waiting for a more mature security audit and my project kinda died. TWiki uses a lot of custom Perl and didn't use taint mode at that time, which would have caught the issue. (Form input was going straight into a backtick operator.) So do take a close look at its current security state. (And that of any other package you consider.)