Logwatch message

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at iesabroad.org
Tue Jul 26 03:15:06 UTC 2005

When your card auto-negotiates with the switch a lot of settings are
determined.  Among them is whether your card will communicate full
duplex (send and receive at the same time) or half duplex (can send or
receive but not both at the same time).  It's logged because half-duplex
in a networked environment is usually bad because it is prone to
collisions, which, on a network with high utilization, is very very bad.

	-Mike