What is the "official way" to install clamav?

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Tue Jul 26 07:02:56 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 22:51 -0700, alan wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Jul 2005, Ben Mohilef wrote:
>
> > On 25 Jul 2005 at 19:26, Martín Marqués wrote:
> >
> > > I used to have extras clamav and clamav-db, but finished installing
> > > dag's because the lack of clamd in extras. I prefer a daemon
> > > scanning.
> > >

> > There is a "highly critical" security advisory on v. 86.1 . That
> > version seems to be the latest I can find in FC3 extras.
> >
> > Dag has the 86.2 version of the entire clam set which corrects the
> > vulns.
> >
> > The dag update installs well, except that if you are running clamav-
> > milter with a quarantine file defined you need to explicitly put "--
> > external" in the sysconfig file or you get an arcane error stating that
> > "timeout requires external" whether or not you explicily define a
> > timeout.
> >
> > See:
> > http://secunia.com/advisories/16180/
> >
> > for the gory details on the vulnerability.
>
> Sounds like the solution is to get extras fixed, not just install from
> Dag.
>
> Has anyone submitted this to bugzilla?

As was mentioned earlier, the problem is fixed in Extras CVS but the
Extras buildsystem is undergoing a major overhaul and hasn't been
available for over a week, which is why no updates have happened yet;
new Extras packages are just starting to trickle out now.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>