Boot Fedora Linux Faster..boot in under 25 seconds

"國產 Wei-Yee Chan (Made in Chinar)" survivor at brisnet.org
Tue Jul 26 11:58:13 UTC 2005

ImprovedSource writes "Everyone wants a quick boot time, from the
beginner user to the advanced user, this is a issue that bothers us all.
As Linux has advanced it has increasingly become slower to boot. I have
tested on my machine 4 Linux distributions: Linspire, Fedora 3 & 4, Suse
9.2 & 9.3, and Debian. And on average between all these distributions
Linux needs around a minute to 1 and half minutes to go from boot loader
to graphical login screen. So I decided to look into reducing the time
it takes to boot my current setup, which is Fedora 4. In doing so I was
able to reduce the boot time of my Fedora 4 installation to less than 25
seconds (just above 24 seconds on average). Below I have documented what
I did, and what you can use to potentially reduce your boot up time for
Linux."

Read More   http://www.improvedsource.com/content/view/13/2/