Videos?

Jesse Jarzynka jesse at jessejoe.com
Tue Jul 26 19:38:04 UTC 2005

V P wrote:

>On 7/26/05, Jesse Jarzynka <jesse at jessejoe.com> wrote:
>

>>Hey all, why on FC4 can nautilus only preview .mpg videos? For .avi and
>>.wmv it just shows the icon, not the video preview. Also xine will only
>>play .mpg, but mplayer will play them all. I have all the codecs
>>installed obviously since mplayer will play them, but why can't nautilus
>>or xine see anything but .mpg?
>>

>For xine you will have to download the "essential codecs" and
>"additional binary codecs" tarballs from the mplayer site (
>www.mplayerhq.hu ). Both have install instructions on how to use with
>xine. Once installed, you shouldn't have any problems with .avi & .wmv
>files on xine.

Again, it already works with mplayer, and it works on my FC3 box. I'm
starting to think it's a system wide thing because nautilus will only
preview the .mpgs and not the others. I'm using all the same codecs I
have on my FC3 box and xine and mplayer work with all of them on that.
This is very weird, and it does it on both my FC4 boxes. -Jesse