twice email from the person?

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Tue Jul 26 22:01:01 UTC 2005

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005, Mike Klinke wrote:

> On Tuesday 26 July 2005 16:21, nodata wrote:
>
> > Isn't the "reply to all" or "reply" option set in each user's
> > preferences for the list?
>
> Yes ... but ... that doesn't explain why I just received two copies
> of your message above dated thirteen seconds apart. If you can
> explain that bit, perhaps it'll touch on the real problem for
> original poster.

Mike Klinke is going to get two copies of this because
there were two addresses in the reply-to field.

I think that it usually happens when someone CC's the list,
but doesn't put it in the reply-to entry.
To send to the list automatically, one must do a reply-to-all.
The first author gets one copy sent to him automatically
and another through the list.
Neither copy has the list as the main address.
Both have it CC'ed.
The cycle continues.

--
Mike   hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.NoDak.edu