FC4 - Firefox Personality ?

Nigel Wade nmw at ion.le.ac.uk
Wed Jul 27 12:02:30 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 27 Jul 2005 10:57, Jonathan Allen wrote:
> Taharka,
>
> > Mind posting that website's address?  I'm using
> > firefox-deerpark.alpha.2. It has a reporting feature, that allows you to
> > report a broken website, to mozilla & they will in turn work with the
> > webmaster of that site to see if the problem can be corrected :-)
>
> Sure:
>
>    www.fsa.gov.uk
>
>    select 'Doing business with the FSA', then the link at the bottom of
>    the center box: Firms Online.  Move down to the paragraph entitled
>    "Firms Online - Regulatory Reporting" and click the red link
>    "you can proceed to log-in"
>
> With straight Firefox you get the message that you need IE 5.5.  Running
> Konqueror having told it you want to masquerade as IE6 on XP you get a
> login screen with email address and password boxes.  You don't need to
> actually log in to see the difference.
>
> Jonathan

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/Pages/Accessibility/index.shtml

"Accessibility

Related external information

World Wide Web Consortium

World Wide Web Consortium's Web Access Initiative

The Financial Services Authority is committed to ensuring that all content on
www.fsa.gov.uk is accessible to all users. We have endeavoured to ensure that
the site is fully compliant with the recommendations laid down by the RNIB
and by the World Wide Web Consortium's Web Access Initiative. Wherever
possible we have captioned all non-textual content with ALT tags. "

Seems the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing - typical
government body.

E-mail :    nmw at ion.le.ac.uk
Phone :     +44 (0)116 2523548, Fax : +44 (0)116 2523555