dependancies

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Wed Jul 27 17:51:10 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 18:39 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Paul Howarth wrote:
>
> > Ted Gervais wrote:
> >> I am trying to do an update using YUM and I get the following message..
> >>
> >> gnome-panel-2.10.1-10.2.i 100% |=========================|  76 kB
> >> 00:00
> >> ---> Package gnome-panel.i386 0:2.10.1-10.2 set to be updated
> >> --> Running transaction check
> >> --> Processing Dependency: mozilla = 37:1.7.8 for package: galeon
> >> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> >> Error: Missing Dependency: mozilla = 37:1.7.8 is needed by package
> >> galeon
> >>

> >> What do I have to do to get by this?
> >>
> >> Do I have to update mozilla?  I have asked YUM to do this but no luck.
> >> If I have to go out there somewhere to get mozilla, where is the best
> >> place to get it?
> >>
> >> Bottom line - what do I have to do to get passed this "Error"..
> >
> > You have to either:
> > * wait for an updated galeon package to appear in Fedora Extras that is
> > compatible with the updated mozilla packages (probably a day or two), or
> > * remove galeon from your system
>
> Wouldn't it be easier to exclude galeon from the update
> by adding the line "exclude=galeon*" to /etc/yum.conf ?

No, that wouldn't work. He already has galeon installed, and updating
mozilla would break the dependencies of that already-installed package,
so yum won't do it. The exclude would only stop yum updating galeon
itself, and the problem is that there's no update of galeon available.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>