Fedora and NTFS

Mike McCarty mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 27 18:22:07 UTC 2005

Rick Stevens wrote:
> Mike McCarty wrote:
 >>
>> I have a setup similar to his (XP and Linux on separate
>> partitions), and would like to do similar. I am under
>> the impresson from several sources that the NTFS support
>> under Linux is incomplete. I did look into the "captive
>> NTFS" using a Knoppix boot, but was unable to do a
>> successful install.
>

> NTFS _READ_ operations are supported under Linux--provided you install

[snip]

Thanks for the explanatory information.

As I said: "NTFS support under Linux is incomplete".

Perhaps you consider "read only access" to be a synonymn
for "complete access". I do not.

Possbily, the reason "captive NTFS" failed for me under
Knoppix is the default areas for install are ro. I didn't
investigate further.

Mike