VolumeError

Ricardo Veguilla veguilla at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 19:31:20 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 18:13 +0200, Andrea Bencini wrote:
> I ask help you again about an error appears on my desktop:
> "No volume control elements and/or device found."

This error is usually reported by the Gnome Volume Applet, and it
usually means that there is a problem with the audio device (maybe is
not configure properly or simply is not supported).

You can make the error go away by removing the volume applet, but that
won't fix the real problem... no audio device.

> This error depends by gnome-volume-manager, if I uninstall this
> package......I have to uninstall gnome-session  too, but I don't want.

I don't think that correct. As far as I know, gnome-volume-manager only
handles removable devices, so there is no need to uninstall it.

> I tried to run gst-register, but the error appears again.
> How can I resolve this mistake?

Try running "Desktop->System Settings->Soundcard Detection" to see what it says.

--
Ricardo Veguilla <veguilla at gmail.com>