RHGB Not a kernel argument

Mike McCarty mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 27 19:56:52 UTC 2005

I saw it posted that "rhgb is not a kernel parameter"

What does this mean? (taken from the Red Hat website)

QUOTE MODE ON

rhgb

     Red Hat Graphical Boot.

     Fedora Core 1 now uses a graphical interface while booting. The
graphical boot screen will appear once the kernel has loaded. Graphical
booting is controlled by the GRAPHICAL line in the /etc/sysconfig/init
file; set it to "no" to permanently disable graphical booting. In
addition, the *parameter* rhgb must be appended to your bootloader
command line.

QUOTE MODE OFF

[emphasis added]

Mike