Question about how FCx releases get updated.

Mike McCarty mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 27 21:43:30 UTC 2005

After a new FCx release, there are normally a number of
defects noticed, as with any new software. After a time,
the dust starts to settle, and the more cautious of us
begin to consider an upgrade. But AFAICT, the ISOs on
the release sites don't change. So ISTM that the install/
upgrade problems are still there (if any).

If there is an install issue with some hardware, and it
it later addressed by changes, do these make it to the
download sites for the ISOs? If not, then how does one
upgrade when there is an issue with install/upgrade
associated with the particular hardware one has?

Mike