Re: FC4 Installation problem

Bisi wrote:

After two attempts, I was finally able to get anaconda
to install FC4 on IBM xSeries 240 server in text mode. I edited file
/usr/share/hwdata/Cards inserting the blank line as suggested in the trail for
bug# 157972. I then ran kudzu, supplying the root password when prompted. However, kudzu kept coming
back with Permission denied even though the root password I supplied is correct.

I have SELinux enabled (active) during installation. I
do not know if this has anything to do with 'Permission denied' I'm getting.

Has anyone come accross same problems?

Bisi

I've seen this problem also trying to launch the "new" non-interactive kudzu. The root password that I supplied was also correct.
Have you tried to run the interactive system-config-display tool to configure your card?

Jim

--
"Never ascribe to malice that which is caused by greed and ignorance."
-- Cal Keegan