mysql not working after kernel update on fce with SELinux(second time post)

Ankush Grover ankush174 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 05:44:42 UTC 2005

On 7/28/05, Dave Jones <davej at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 28, 2005 at 10:13:13AM +0530, Ankush Grover wrote:
>  > hey friends,
>  >
>  > I recently installed FC3 on a machine and today I installed the new
>  > kernel "2.6.11-1.35_FC3".Since then mysql has stopped working.The
>  > problem is with SELinux.
>  > If I disable the SELinux for mysqld ,the mysql starts working properly
>  > and keeps on working properly ,but if I enable SELinux for mysqld and
>  > then reboot the machine the problem starts.
>
> The latest FC3 kernel is 2.6.12-1.1372
> Be sure you have the latest updates to selinux-policy-targeted too.
>
>                 Dave

Hey,

I had done the update to the latest kernel "2.6.12-1.1372" but then
also it was not working.So i switch back to the earlier kernel
"2.6.11-1.35_FC3"

The selinux policies r the latest on my system.

selinux-policy-targeted-1.17.30-3.16
policycoreutils-1.18.1-2.12
selinux-policy-targeted-sources-1.17.30-3.16
checkpolicy-1.17.5-1.2

 i have downloaded mysql rpms from the mysql site.I think i need to
uninstall the  latest selinux rpms and install the little older
selinux rpms like
selinux-policy-targeted-1.17.30-3.15

Thanks for your reply

Thanks & Regards