FC4 install over SuSe linux 9.1

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Thu Jul 28 14:51:42 UTC 2005

Am Do, den 28.07.2005 schrieb Dave Frazier um 15:47:

> Take-aways:
>
> 1. there may be issues with SuSe linux and the way it partitions disks

Can't tell you. You could try google and the SuSE forums / lists. I even
don't know which partition tool the SuSE installer uses in which case.

> 2. the FC4 media check may be throwing false exceptions

Yes, well known. If you review the list archive you will find many
reports of failed media checks. Many have though succeeded after booting
into install with parameter "ide=nodma".

> 3. there may be a bug in the FC4 installer RE: partition volume names

You checked bugzilla.redhat.com?

I suggest you boot FC4's CD1 or the DVD into rescue mode and then run
fdsik to erase all existing partitions (I did understand you that no
data has to left over from the SuSE install). Reboot into install with
now having a completely empty hard disk partition table.

Alexander

Serendipity 16:46:30 up 12 days, 21:19, load average: 0.00, 0.09, 0.18