kernel source

paul d jones pdjones at ucdavis.edu
Thu Jul 28 17:33:53 UTC 2005

Hi,

I hope this has not been asked recently....

I am having a bit of difficulty installing the kernel source for the
2.6.12-1.1372_FC3 kernel.I need this for the reinstallation of my nvidia
driver.
I tried to follow the instructions for installing the sources as found
in "http://www.mjmwired.net/resources/mjm-fedora-fc3.shtml". Basically

1. rpm -ivh kernel-2.6.9-1.667.src.rpm

followed by

2.rpmbuild -bp --target=noarch  /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/kernel-2.6.spec
But alas, my nvidia installer is not finding the kernel source tree.
Even when using the --kernel-source-path /usr/src/BUILD/kernel-2.6.12
nvidia installer option, I still get error messages.

If you cannot tell, I kinda have no idea what I am doing :-)

Oh... I cannot find a source rpm via yum, are they no longer available
in the repositories? or am I not looking in the right place (using the
default yum repos...)

Any help would be appreciated.